School Report Card
Sajani Sabar of Gram Vikas High School, Konkia passed by securing 70% in the Odisha State High School Examination. Of the 81 children who appeared for High School Examinations, all the 81 children passed, with 29 students securing 1st Division.
- 100 percent students passed Matriculation examination
- Children’s Theater organized in 27 different villages.
- Received Rs.28,31,100/- as stipend for M.E. and High School for the year 2013-14
- Pinki Nayak & Santi Nayak won bronze medal in National School level weight lifting competition.
- Pinki Nayak won Gold & Prasanta Badamundi won Bronze in National PYKKA.
- Provided Computer Education to 20 higher class students.
- A phenyl making training held at school.
- 2 Programmes organized on “Right to Education” for school students.
- A programme was organised on “Women Right” for High School students.
KHEL VIKAS – A SPORT DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE
Gram Vikas, in collaboration with Delhi-based sport development trust, Pro4Sport Solutions (P4SS), has embarked on a sport development initiative, KhelVikas.
KhelVikas, inspired by the theme of right to play, facilitates access to sport for all, especially the tribal and underprivileged youth of Odisha. The aim is to provide holistic and all-round development of underprivileged youth in the economically backward and remote areas of Odisha.
KhelVikas will also enable the youth of Odisha to pursue sporting excellence, allowing them to access sport training at the elite level and helping them build careers in sport.
Currently, Gram Vikas, with P4SS is undertaking the following activities:
- Setting up sustainable recreational sports programs in Gram Vikas schools across Odisha
- Providing comprehensive technical and coaching support to the weightlifting program currently running at Gram Vikas’ Kankia High School
- Preparing a feasibility report regarding setting up a sporting Centre of Excellence for the tribal and underprivileged youth of Odisha