School Report Card
Arun Majhi of Gram Vikas High School, Konkia passed by securing 82% in the Odisha State High School Examination. Of the 57 children who appeared for High School Examinations, 55 children passed with 42 students securing 1st Division.
- 96 percent students passed Matriculation examination
- 100% health check-ups done by government doctors.
- 3 Students got Radhanatha Chhatra Bruti (Rs.1500/- each).
- 5 students got admitted to Navodaya Vidyalaya
- 2 Gold and 1 Silver Medals won at the District Level Weight Lifting Competition
- 2nd and 3rd prize in Drawing Competition conducted by North Ghumusara Forest Division, Bhanjanagar.
- 2nd and 3rd Prize in Arts Competition - awarded by SAMAJ and SAMBAD respectively.
- Solar Energy - One Child, One Light - 500 solar study lights distributed to students.
- Dental Care : Awareness building through demonstration - sponsored by Colgate and 520 Nos. of dental packs received.
- 45 days Bridge Course conducted for 70 students.
- Road side plantation is done by School Children through Eco Club. The students also organized a Rally to save forests. On the Eve of 62nd Bana Mahotsav held at Bhanjanagar the D.F.O. awarded the first prize to a group of 10 students.
KHEL VIKAS – A SPORT DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE
Gram Vikas, in collaboration with Delhi-based sport development trust, Pro4Sport Solutions (P4SS), has embarked on a sport development initiative, KhelVikas.
KhelVikas, inspired by the theme of right to play, facilitates access to sport for all, especially the tribal and underprivileged youth of Odisha. The aim is to provide holistic and all-round development of underprivileged youth in the economically backward and remote areas of Odisha.
KhelVikas will also enable the youth of Odisha to pursue sporting excellence, allowing them to access sport training at the elite level and helping them build careers in sport.
Currently, Gram Vikas, with P4SS is undertaking the following activities:
- Setting up sustainable recreational sports programs in Gram Vikas schools across Odisha
- Providing comprehensive technical and coaching support to the weightlifting program currently running at Gram Vikas’ Kankia High School
- Preparing a feasibility report regarding setting up a sporting Centre of Excellence for the tribal and underprivileged youth of Odisha